Most people dream and fantasize about living in the hills of Italy and very few do it. Read the story to learn from the experience of an individual who bought a derelict villa seventeen years ago and renovated it to rent it out.
Now she fills four beautifully renovated buildings with regular guests and runs a property restoration consultancy. This was not easy and it was a long hard process that she did it all alone. Now live your dream by following the five tips:
- Learn the language – by immersion course or free lessons from the local commune
- Do drainage and seismic checks to reduce your risk of discovering unseen potential problems later
- Negotiate the Geometra fees upfront. Geometra is a mix of an architect and a surveyor
- Budget 25 per cent for contingency expenses on top of restoration costs
- Investigate green energy alternatives as utility costs are very high
Read more about Living under an Umbrian Sunset
5 Tips for Living under the Umbrian Sun in Italy is brought to you by TReXGlobal.com, maker of the world's easiest Property Management Software.