Rental Application – What is it?
Rental Application forms help landlords, property managers, and property management companies to determine whether a prospective tenant is suitable for a Lease Agreement. The Rental Application Form should gather basic information about the potential tenant, and should also obtain the applicant’s authorization to check his or her credit history.
Rental Application – Why is it important?
- Rental Applications protect landlords, property managers, and property management companies from accusation of unfair discrimination
- Rental Applications help property managers and property management companies to screen prospective tenants
- Rental Applications can be used by landlords, rental property owners, and real estate owners to determine whether a tenant is a good fit for their Lease Agreement
- Rental Applications provide contacts and references in case the tenant disappears or is unable to pay the rent
Rental Application – What should be included?
- Information about the Tenant (Name, Social Security Number, Driver’s License, Phone Number, etc…)
- Information about Current and Previous Tenancy
- Information about Current and Previous Employment History
- Information about Financial Status and Credit History
- Vehicle Information
- References (In Case of Emergency)
- Names of Other Occupants
Rental Application – What you should do with it?
- Review the Rental Application Form to make sure it is Legible and Complete
- Confirm the Applicant’s Identification (Ask to see Driver’s License, Passport, etc…)
- Check for Authorization to Conduct Credit Check
- Inquire about Credit History
- Contact References
Rental Application Forms are important for landlords, property managers, property management companies and property owners – as they help determine if the tenant is responsible, will take great care of the rental property, and is able to pay rent on time. Here is a Rental Application Form that landlords, property managers, and property management companies can use: